We operate believing that:
- You want to be in control of your financial future rather than letting it just happen, and financial planning is the tool for taking control.
- Financial planning is a life-long process, e.g. budgeting to pay your bills. It’s important to review your plan to evaluate your progress, make corrections, and incorporate into your plan unexpected events in your life and the world.
- Our Fee-Only compensation eliminates the inherent conflict of interest that exists when the advisor’s income is dependent on the type of product that is recommended.
- Investment recommendations are best based on your situation/life—e.g. your goals, time horizon, and tolerance for risk—not just the best expected rate of return.
- Asset allocation and investment costs determine your investment return more than anything else.
- Index Mutual Funds and Exchange-traded funds will outperform most actively-managed mutual funds because of their lower costs.
- Rebalancing your portfolio regularly is important to ensure proper diversification and maintain the focus on your goals.
- Most of you can manage your own investment portfolio with the right kind of professional guidance. However for a variety of reasons, time management being high on the list, professional management is a welcome alternative for many of you.
- Tax planning, while not necessary for everyone, can provide real savings for some businesses and individuals.
The decision to hire a financial advisor is an important one and should be made carefully. It may be the most effective way to achieve your future financial goals and protect you and your family or business.